The protection of your personal data is important to us. In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, gender.
The person responsible according to Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Web3 User Group e.V.
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or our postal address.
When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form like Google Forms, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, gender, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions and process your membership requests. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations. If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights as a data subject
You have the right
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful. However, you refuse their deletion and we no longer need the data. However, you need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing, which was based on this consent, for the future; and complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website/Discord Server
In the case of merely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. GDPR):
Date and time of the request
Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of the request (specific page)
Access status/HTTP status code
Amount of data transferred in each case
Website from which the request comes
Operating system and its interface
Language and version of the browser software.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website / Discord Server
In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information on this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 4.1 Usage of Google Forms
In order to simplify the process of onboarding new members (i.e. application for a membership) and also to prepare our “Global Crypto Football Club”, we use the service called “Google Forms”. Access to the Google Forms data is limited to the Board Members of the Association. In the Google Forms used by us, you will find a reference to this Data Protection Declaration.
For the specific use-case of the preparation of the “Global Crypto Football Club” – we collect images (i.e. your profile picture) for preparing a so called “Non-fungible-Token (NFT)” – the image submitted by you is modified using graphic filters (e.g. transformation to “comic style” – and then embedded into the final NFT. The basis for processing of this image information is your consent, which will be documented in aforementioned Google Form or obtained via a different channel (e.g. direct message in Discord / Twitter). Due to the fact that the blockchain is immutable, please take note that the image (which is stored in the IPFS) and the reference to the NFT cannot be eliminated once the creation of the NFT has taken place.
§ 5 Objection to or revocation of consent to the processing of your data
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection using the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
§ 6 Registration for events
With your consent, you can register for events on our website.
You can revoke your consent to register for an event at any time. You can declare the revocation by sending a message to the contact details stated in the event description or email
§ 7 Social media
We do not use social media plug-ins on our website. If our website contains icons from social media providers (e.g. from Facebook or Twitter), we use these only for passive linking to the pages of the respective providers.
§ 8 Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) to encrypt the transmission of the pages. Depending on the browser used, you can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form, for example, by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the address line of the browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status May 2022.